Patoune Editions is accepting submissions of manuscripts. Submissions can be made by agents or authors directly. To submit material for consideration, please send the material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive a large number of submissions and because of that please note the following terms and conditions apply when making a submission.
Your covering letter should include:
- Your full name (and pseudonym if applicable)
- Your postal address, telephone number, and email address (if you have one)
- A brief author biography (1–2 pages) that focuses on why you are uniquely qualified to write your book and what kind of platform you have to reach a wide audience. Any details of past writing experience
- A one-paragraph overview that explains the premise of your book, why you wrote it, and who you see the audience being (with any relevant demographic data you might have about the potential size of the audience).
- An estimated word count for your complete manuscript
Synopsis and manuscript
A synopsis is a brief overview, which can vary in length depending on the nature of your book, but generally it should not exceed 500 words. You will also need to include a copy of your full manuscript.
Your proposal should set in 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman type, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Please be patient
Each manuscript we receive is reviewed by editors, who decides whether or not to send it to the reading committee. Due to the enormous volume of submissions, the consideration may take several months. Please do not follow up with us if it has been fewer than four months—these inquiries slow down our review time. Thank you very much in advance for giving us the opportunity to consider your project.
Patoune Edition is under no obligation to provide any communication related to the status of a submission. If Patoune Editions is interested in publishing the submission, we will contact you.
Patoune Editions is under no obligation to return any materials submitted. So please do not send anything that you want returned.